The "serpent" seems to have played a pivotal role in the temptation of Adam, and received a curse from the LORD.

Genesis 3:14

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Over and over, snakes are used and abused.

Mark 16:18

They will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Yet, they were around way before any Jewish Tribe

Despite their curse I am happy that snakes seem to be doing just fine. I have a nest of racers living under my house right now..How do you feel about snakes?

Tags: Snakes

Views: 528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well a lot of snakes actually do eat rodents and the like, so a chinchilla or sugar glider really does look JUST like food to them.

FYI - they really don't play well together --

Idk I am weirded out by them

had snakes as pets, they are pretty shy but with careful handling they become very good pets. used to wear mine as living jewelry. Under the house though different matter. Mainly because wild snakes do contain bacteria that is very harmful to humans and other animals. 

Ball pythons and the like make good pets, as do boas and Burmese pythons, and they have just enough of a brain to show different personalities.

Thanks Angela, my house is sorta like this...but totally clear underneath so no worries. I have 3 acres, 2.5 I left as a natural hammock, so it's a little wild around here sometimes!

How do you feel about snakes?

I have nothing against them. They are just animals, doing what animals do. But put them on a motherfuckin' plane... Then we have problems.

Tasty --!

I give snakes a wide berth but if they are in a cage, I can watch them up close. That pretty sums up how i see snakes

Delicious!

The biblical Adam and Eve story is, as many may know, a plagiarization of an ancient Mesopotamian creation myth, adopted, much like the flood story, the ten commandment story and others, from old Mesopotamian myths.

Below is a clay imprint from a 4000-year old Mesopotamian cylinder seal, which had extruded features that, when rolled on wet clay (which is then allowed to dry and harden), left an image - sort of a Bronze Age printing machine, and on it, we see a man and a woman, seated before the "tree of life" (which later evolved into the Jewish Menora), and to the far right, we can clearly see the "subtil serpent."

Did not know that one Arch - so thanks for that. I am ok with snakes too as long as they don't speak.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 24 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service