How do you deal with being inundated with religious suggestions, comments and dialogue on a daily basis?

I feel like since I finally identified myself as an atheist, I've seen countless facebook statuses/comments, forum posts, instagram pics etc full of religious passages or suggestions to "Praise Jesus/Allah" or have "God" in your life. I can't even read a self-help article without some reference to a bible scripture or assertion to have a relationship with "God".  

So, my fellow rational people, what keeps you sane? 

Tags: advice, atheist, church, discussion, god, people, religion, talks

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But how do you know if your life is something to emulate?

I think we need to do what we can, and hope for the best.

First of all, I agree with Gallup's Mirror that humor is a big part of it. However, I also just say, they have their views and are free to post about them, and I have my views and am free to post about them. I share a lot of atheist pictures to my wall, so I don't get mad at others' posts as long as they are not exceptionally stupid, like when people blame horrible tragedies on God punishing the America for being too secular.

Pity, I think. I look at them like those people that had throat cancer or something and still smoke through a hole in their neck. So I think the pity keeps me from madness.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 5 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service