Posted this on Facebook with the text "No one can read that and not think that science is friggin' awesome," and got the following as a response. I don't know how to respond to this respectfully but informatively (I'm new at this) but I feel like I absolutely have to because this person frequently takes advantage of the "I'm a Christian so I can tell you EXACTLY how I feel but since you're an atheist, stfu!" crap.

"Very interesting, and beautiful! The complexity and awesomeness of science is so thorouhly amazing, that it always brings me back to the Creator of it all......God!! It couldnt just happen, No! It is immensely fantastic, and terrific, so it couldnt just be here...No! I love the beauty and how interesting it is, which always makes me want to be thankful, and I can only thank one Person...God! It all points us to Him! Thanks for hearing me share my piece! I appreciate science deeply! ♥"

I do find it ironic that the very short article even said that this is how life originated in our own system as well and yet she says that it couldn't happen without God. Anyone who believes the Bible cannot possibly "appreciate science." Argh.

Tags: bang, big, creationism, the

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dd - I believed the exact same thing when I was eleven - I'm not eleven anymore --

arch

"Very interesting, and beautiful! The complexity and awesomeness of science is so thorouhly amazing, that it always brings me back to the Creator of it all......God!! It couldnt just happen, No! It is immensely fantastic, and terrific, so it couldnt just be here...No! I love the beauty and how interesting it is, which always makes me want to be thankful, and I can only thank one Person...God! It all points us to Him! Thanks for hearing me share my piece! I appreciate science deeply! ♥"

@ dizzieduckie - My reply to the person that wrote that nonsense: Oh yes, let us be thankful to God. Oh! The universe is such an awesome place. Think of it. There is mass starvation of children, endless horrific wars, wide spread fatal disease, child rapers, baby killers, and a whole host of other awesomeness! (heart)"

(end of sarcasm)

@ dizzieduckie - To bad we have not yet learned how to capture the awesome parts of science and use them to make life as we know it, at least tolerable to the point where we don't have to turn off the news due to sheer disgust at the state of current affairs.

David Attenborough had a good reply for Theists who only give credit to their god for the good things here.

Sorry I haven't replied to you guys yet; this is an extremely hectic week for me and it won't be over til next Thursday. I will definitely get here! Thanks for having patience. :)

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service