In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I so easily loose track of time, I don't remember how long ago I joined. But I was on American Atheist site and I saw a link to TA, so I clicked on it and here I am.
I'm a freshly minted atheist.  I stopped trying to make it all work about nine months ago and got over my fear of the word atheist around Christmas time.  I went to a local Atheists meetup this Spring, which was really nice, but I kept missing the date or forgetting to go.  After two or three months, I got super frustrated because when living in the Bible Belt the Gawdiness never really lets up.  So after one last straw I figured I needed to find other people who would understand (or at least let me rant at them).  Enter: le Google.  Thank The Tubes for ThinkAtheist!!!
Glad to have you with us!
I Stumbledupon the site met Sassan and Heather right away, enjoy my time.
@Jim Minion - You saw a 'discussion' between Sassan and I and you stayed?  Wow!
Darlin' how could I resist. :)
I found it through Monicks on Twitter

Me too!

Yes, the Holy Spirit led me here too
Yeah, boring, I know. I came via StumbleUpon. But I certainly don't stay every place they send me. I stayed here to read more by Heather, oneinfinity, Dave G., and others. Problem is, even though I'm a slow reader, I keep getting referred to stuff I really enjoy reading, so more of my time is being spent in front of the computer than I would ordinarily like. For example, now I have to find out what the heck Gobekli Tepe is, dammit.
I spent more time learning to remember how Gobekli Tepe is spelled than I did learning how Mouhmoud Ahmadinijad is pronounced - but both skills can make you seem far more intelligent than you really are.  BTW, for Mouhmoud, I prefer calling him I'm-a-banana-jinidad.
Someone mentioned TA in a post on CafeMom. I just had to check it out and now I can't leave :)

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service