In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have favorite members whom I will watch closely for new posts/replies, but I really enjoy the little rhetorical gems that seem to pop up at random from much less conspicuous members from time to time.

I found think atheist to be refreshing with a pleasant minty aftertaste.

I used to frequently post on rockclimbing.com.  One of the forums on the site is just for politics, so religion was mentioned frequently (generally in a negative way).  Along comes a Christian with no connection to rock climbing whatsoever, wanting to jump in to enlighten us about his religion.  I googled his username to see if he just wandered the weblands looking for atheists to chat up, which quickly led me here.

Was that Kevin Harris by any chance?
I had to look it up.  It was Roger Pearse.  He had a very short stint here before losing interest.
Sweet, you're a climber?
Kinda.  I used to be somewhat strong, but now I'm a bit fatter and a whole lot lazier.  Don't get out near as much as I used to.
I used to be a climber until I broke my left hand - sorta fucks that activity big time, never did get back into it.
I'm an avid addict.
I switched to skydiving - going with gravity is much easier, :D
I StumbledUpon it.
Stumbleupon. As soon as I started clicking thru this site, I Knew I had a home.
I seem to recall stumbling upon TA. I was doing a google search on something (couldn't tell you what at this point), and TA was one of the results. Started reading and I was hooked! :)

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Roy Plisko 7 minutes ago. 73 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 37 minutes ago. 34 Replies

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 2 hours ago. 33 Replies

Why do we want to show people they are wrong?

Started by Haugurma in Small Talk. Last reply by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS 6 hours ago. 49 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service