In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the condemnation was a preexisting condition, still you have all made it worse, great, thanks a bunch.
LOL
Cool, Joyce - the place sure can be addictive. :D

StumbleUpon. I was a little skeptical at first, but after looking lurking this site, though, it seems like there's a lot of well-informed people I can actually have discussions with without the fear of being flamed. Let's just say I'm glad to be around other like-minded people.

Just recently, I was finding facebook more and more boring that I searched for Atheism pages on FB. In search of atheists in my area, I googled it. I found this site and I thought it looked cool.

I learned about the Gobekli Tepe on the TV series "Ancient Aliens."

@Engl Bert - Do you know which episode of Ancient Aliens?  I would love to see how they've woven Gobekli Tepe into that mythology.
via stumbleupon.com
I stumbled here, and immediately signed up.  I am always interested in good conversation about things that religion calls false, like the article you mention about Gobekli Tepe.  Religious types will explain things like that away as "false evidence put there by the devil to make you doubt" and other ridiculous claims.  It is nice to have a place where others share my belief in what is real instead of the fiction known as the bible.
I'm glad you joined. Have you checked out the live chat yet?
Thanks Heather, nice to be welcome.. .and no I have not checked into the live chat as of yet, but I will!
I'm not sure which episode it was. I think it was "The Visitation" episode...
I was convinced I couldn't be the only atheist in the high desert of California. It was harder than I thought it would be, but after a few months of searching I found a profile page of a fellow free thinker in the area.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 13 minutes ago. 182 Replies

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 2 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.