In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I so easily loose track of time, I don't remember how long ago I joined. But I was on American Atheist site and I saw a link to TA, so I clicked on it and here I am.
I'm a freshly minted atheist.  I stopped trying to make it all work about nine months ago and got over my fear of the word atheist around Christmas time.  I went to a local Atheists meetup this Spring, which was really nice, but I kept missing the date or forgetting to go.  After two or three months, I got super frustrated because when living in the Bible Belt the Gawdiness never really lets up.  So after one last straw I figured I needed to find other people who would understand (or at least let me rant at them).  Enter: le Google.  Thank The Tubes for ThinkAtheist!!!
Glad to have you with us!
I Stumbledupon the site met Sassan and Heather right away, enjoy my time.
@Jim Minion - You saw a 'discussion' between Sassan and I and you stayed?  Wow!
Darlin' how could I resist. :)
I found it through Monicks on Twitter

Me too!

Yes, the Holy Spirit led me here too
Yeah, boring, I know. I came via StumbleUpon. But I certainly don't stay every place they send me. I stayed here to read more by Heather, oneinfinity, Dave G., and others. Problem is, even though I'm a slow reader, I keep getting referred to stuff I really enjoy reading, so more of my time is being spent in front of the computer than I would ordinarily like. For example, now I have to find out what the heck Gobekli Tepe is, dammit.
I spent more time learning to remember how Gobekli Tepe is spelled than I did learning how Mouhmoud Ahmadinijad is pronounced - but both skills can make you seem far more intelligent than you really are.  BTW, for Mouhmoud, I prefer calling him I'm-a-banana-jinidad.
Someone mentioned TA in a post on CafeMom. I just had to check it out and now I can't leave :)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 55 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.