In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A google search for Nashville atheists

I find it So stange  for me ..

penn jillette mentioned it on his penn point series. i know he showed the homepage for it.
I <3 Penn so much.
I Stumbled Upon this place when there were about 200 members.
I lurked, but didn't join until there were about 600.
I was one of the first original mods and I am insanely proud of that fact.
Community rocks!
You rock!
I <3 Bill Nye

I think I found the site by google. I like searching up religious arguments and christianity terms to develop a better understanding.

I followed the pancakes.

A link from PZ Myers' blog Pharyngula.  I toggle between TA and PZ.  Any other forums I follow frown upon political or religious threads or posts (renewable energy forums mostly).

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/

Have a peek.

Ralph

Where is my comment like button?
My friend Jewelz said this would be a great site to meet like minded people and that the posts were really interesting to read. I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but I really do enjoy what I see here!

RSS

Blog Posts

Timbuktu Manuscripts

Posted by Ed on March 22, 2015 at 1:48pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service