In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Becky's amazing reply to Jenn.

I was looking for a kinder gentler argument, to respond to a similar conversation.

And I was also looking for a different discussion board, as my usual is really slowing down.

Found it through a recommendation on Dawkins.net
I don't know/cant remember!!! It was within 1-3 degrees away from watching an episode of the atheist experience though...

A google search for Nashville atheists

I find it So stange  for me ..

penn jillette mentioned it on his penn point series. i know he showed the homepage for it.
I <3 Penn so much.
I Stumbled Upon this place when there were about 200 members.
I lurked, but didn't join until there were about 600.
I was one of the first original mods and I am insanely proud of that fact.
Community rocks!
You rock!
I <3 Bill Nye

I think I found the site by google. I like searching up religious arguments and christianity terms to develop a better understanding.

I followed the pancakes.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 2 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com