In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site,!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have favorite members whom I will watch closely for new posts/replies, but I really enjoy the little rhetorical gems that seem to pop up at random from much less conspicuous members from time to time.
Was that Kevin Harris by any chance?
Sweet, you're a climber?
I used to be a climber until I broke my left hand - sorta fucks that activity big time, never did get back into it.
I'm an avid addict.
I switched to skydiving - going with gravity is much easier, :D
I StumbledUpon it.
Stumbleupon. As soon as I started clicking thru this site, I Knew I had a home.
I seem to recall stumbling upon TA. I was doing a google search on something (couldn't tell you what at this point), and TA was one of the results. Started reading and I was hooked! :)
I so easily loose track of time, I don't remember how long ago I joined. But I was on American Atheist site and I saw a link to TA, so I clicked on it and here I am.
I'm a freshly minted atheist.  I stopped trying to make it all work about nine months ago and got over my fear of the word atheist around Christmas time.  I went to a local Atheists meetup this Spring, which was really nice, but I kept missing the date or forgetting to go.  After two or three months, I got super frustrated because when living in the Bible Belt the Gawdiness never really lets up.  So after one last straw I figured I needed to find other people who would understand (or at least let me rant at them).  Enter: le Google.  Thank The Tubes for ThinkAtheist!!!
Glad to have you with us!

Blog Posts

Poverty Trap

Posted by Belle Rose on October 12, 2015 at 3:14am 12 Comments

Omnia Mea Mecum Porto

Posted by Belle Rose on October 6, 2015 at 3:22am 4 Comments

Services we love!

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service