In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God led me to this site.
LOL!  Although true in a way.

As an atheist i needed a place where I could share my thoughts and feelings with people like me  so I started googling .... It wasn't the fisrt one I subscribed to , but after  digging a little bi more i found TA and never regreted it !!!

I was addicted to it during the first days ; I still love it so much , it is only that I really don't have enough time to come and check ............. I love you all people , really !

Yay for friends!
I was looking for some way to hook up with a group of people that may, someday, lead towards real-world action, vs. just bitching at the tubes. I'm in Ohio, and there's scant few of us... but I'm trying to watch out for ways to really take action. Build our OWN community. Churches are highly exceptional at entrenching in a society through their shared ritual. Point is, you don't need the religion to build a ritual, and share experiences with people in the real world. I want to build a religion-free church.
I would love to find an Atheist community centre - recreational activities, guest speakers on critical thinking & science, and maybe community participation events like an organized force of volunteers - we could even go help out at the Catholic pancake breakfast just to flip their lids, :D

Me too!  I was just thinking how great it would be if society had more secular alternatives to recreational/social/educational/outreach role that Churches tend to dominate...something like a library, gym, and town hall configuration...  and yesterday I was wished my local atheist group did more volunteerism too. 

Yeah, don't think we're going to "find" one of these so much as FOUND one of these. The time is nigh!

And flip their cakes.. pancakes that is. LOL

There are more of us than I think anyone realizes.

Check out "top content" > National Atheist Awareness Day. I think if we all get the word out we will see just how many of us there are.
TA>hot topics>top content>National Atheist Awareness Day

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by kris feenstra 3 hours ago. 156 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.