In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You sound exactly like Paul Ryan when he said the intellectuals would never support his views.  LOL.

I was surrounded by Catholics and and decided to follow a bunch of Atheists on Twitter. The two that were instrumental for me becoming a member was TA itself and Cara Coleen. I always enjoyed their tweets and figured I might find more of that stimulation here.

I like Heather Spoonheim's work on TA as well. A fan really as I am a handful of people that I've met here. Heather If I ever end up in Canada lets get a beer. ;)

Twitter! :)

Stumble Upon

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service