In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Ed.  There are so many great discussions on here and it's great to have a place where you can just jump right in with your own ideas or questions.  Also, don't forget to pop into the live chat, :D

A total random search for things about atheists 

Google search: atheist bronies.

Sign-up

here i am.

Just cruzin the web.

Never knew there were so many damn smart people out there. I really enjoy reading the blogs.

Thanks to all of you!

I think I got here through Facebook, actually. 

Google Search

It was either the Richard Dawkins Foundation or StumbleUpOn that made me find this site. At some point I wanted to take part in a discussion and I signed up for it.

They kept pestering me, I cannot help my charm ;)

I entered into a search engine a request for the most vacuous lack of tangible substance in the realm of atheistic propaganda and it zeroed in upon thine own smiling face.

I'll take that as an admission that in all of academia there isn't a single scholar that supports your nonsense.  Did you really think that sitting around just grokking your best was going to reveal to you wisdom beyond those of us who are well read?  Do you even have any shame at just how ignorant you've revealed yourself to be?  17 years of online apologetics and you have no idea what a deist or a doublet might be?  So sad.

Oh, no.

In all academia for all you stand against there is not a single voice on my side that can support your claims nor my own?

In all academia you must adhere to those that support your own and those you must respect?

I stand alone in the potters field of academia for hire under your watchful eye?

Generate for me one semblance of original thought against your own master which you would not yourself greedily prescribe and adhere to for a pittance and you can stand with me in the smoldering ruins.

Fuck academia.

You sound exactly like Paul Ryan when he said the intellectuals would never support his views.  LOL.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Dr. Bob 1 hour ago. 8 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 65 Replies

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 4 hours ago. 19 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 5 hours ago. 63 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service