In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i found it by stumbling!! i have enjoyed it ever since!

I also found it by stumbling! I started reading the discussion and checking it everyday until I decided to get an account.

I don't know how but I started following Monica on twitter(probably twitter suggestions) and she would post a lot of links from TA. Just clicked on one & joined when I saw what it was.
it's how I found it too!
pretty much the same as Akshay. through Twitter and Monica. as i would follow atheist hashtags, her posts seemed to pop up not only most frequently, but resonated with me deeply. one thing led to another.
I also found it through Twitter and Monica.
I did a google search on Baltimore Atheists and it linked me to that group on TA.
Yay for stumbleupon!!!!!! I still stumble and find that I end up at TA all the time. There are a lot of links back to different pages and funny pictures on the site.
I knew stubleupon brought a lot of people here, but I didn't realize that Monica was such a huge twitter Atheist celeb.  Tweleb?
Yeah, I was referred here by Monica also...she should start requesting a referral fee!
I found this site by being nosy and poking around my wife's cousins friendlist on facebook then finding it on one of their friendlist.
My daughter sent me a link to a story on this site (Bill Nye, the Science Guy, and how he lost part of a Waco, Texas audience when he said the moon reflects the earth's light, rather than shine on its own.  Weird.)  After that, I just went exploring.

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service