In the fall of 2009 I googled for information on Gobekli Tepe.  It happens to be one of the oldest monuments/structures of civilization ever found, and news of it really shook the foundations of anthropology.  One of the top listings was a great blog about what the Gobekli Tepe site meant in terms of the history of civilization and religion.  In the comments section the ideas were flying back and forth and I wanted in to the discussion so I created an account on the site.  That site was this site, ThinkAthiest.com!  Now, a year and a half later, I'm a very active member.

So, how did YOU come to find ThinkAtheist?

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i found it by stumbling!! i have enjoyed it ever since!

I also found it by stumbling! I started reading the discussion and checking it everyday until I decided to get an account.

I don't know how but I started following Monica on twitter(probably twitter suggestions) and she would post a lot of links from TA. Just clicked on one & joined when I saw what it was.
it's how I found it too!
pretty much the same as Akshay. through Twitter and Monica. as i would follow atheist hashtags, her posts seemed to pop up not only most frequently, but resonated with me deeply. one thing led to another.
I also found it through Twitter and Monica.
I did a google search on Baltimore Atheists and it linked me to that group on TA.
Yay for stumbleupon!!!!!! I still stumble and find that I end up at TA all the time. There are a lot of links back to different pages and funny pictures on the site.
I knew stubleupon brought a lot of people here, but I didn't realize that Monica was such a huge twitter Atheist celeb.  Tweleb?
Yeah, I was referred here by Monica also...she should start requesting a referral fee!
I found this site by being nosy and poking around my wife's cousins friendlist on facebook then finding it on one of their friendlist.
My daughter sent me a link to a story on this site (Bill Nye, the Science Guy, and how he lost part of a Waco, Texas audience when he said the moon reflects the earth's light, rather than shine on its own.  Weird.)  After that, I just went exploring.

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Erock68la 4 hours ago. 25 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 5 hours ago. 9 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Pope Beanie 7 hours ago. 134 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 14 hours ago. 27 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 23 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service