i was talking about the existence of Jesus Christ, is he real? why should i believe him? where is he now?

Views: 1947

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i respect your answer, there are many things here in this world to learn and i'm thankful for sharing your thoughts..

Sarah believes in god and Jesus, I do not. But on this site we can still be friends.

@sarah are you a christian?
YES
Why?

your such a great person with a strong beliefs

And I Micmic, do not think that there is any proof for the things that Sarah believes, but I respect her right to believe as she chooses.

I like and respect Sarah as a person too. I'm glad she's here.

But I find belief in God less worthy of respect than belief in leprechauns. Nobody ever destroyed much of lower Manhattan convinced they would awaken to a magically delicious breakfast.

i respect her too, to be honest i learned something from her, but still nothing can changes my beliefs about i am now.

And she will quickly tell you that she has learned much from us, but still nothing can change her beliefs. But we can all be friends. No one needs to get angry just because we believe differently.

that's true, and we respect each other, we people are made to be social not to eat each other.

@Sarah, Do you pray Sarah? of course you are, but have you ever pray for an atheist?

What do you think god (Jesus) will say?

For good and proper measure, here are some versus which encapsulate my own feelings about proper submission to God:

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” - Timothy 2:12

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” - Judges 19:25-28

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” - Ephesians 5:22

Thus, it's official: women are slaves for men, sexually and otherwise. Or perhaps if we go with a more generous interpretation: women are livestock for men. This includes a duty to endure brutal gang rape, but thankfully, the woman gets a free donkey ride afterward. It's God's holy word, after all.

But don't let that get you down. The status of being livestock is not reserved exclusively for women. Millions of Africans had the same honor for centuries. Heck, the Southern Baptist Convention was founded specifically because "[t]he right of holding slaves is clearly established by the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example." Here's one of the many examples to which the Reverend Doctor Richard Furman was referring: 

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” 1 Peter 2:18

God's will is clear. But if slavery still isn't enough, how about infanticide? 

"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us: He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." - Psalm 137.

You'd think the Pro-Life movement would take note of God's happy and holy treatment of actual post-unborn infants and stop fussing about blastocysts and morning-after pills.

@GM - RE: "'I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.' - Timothy 2:12"

Supposedly, that was a letter written by Paul, but others of Paul's letters have shown great respect for women, even to the point of considering one to be a Deacon in the church, an almost unheard of thing at the time. Most new Testament scholars believe that Timothy was a forgery written by someone who wanted his agenda heeded, so he wrote it using Paul's name.

RE: "thankfully, the woman gets a free donkey ride afterward" - you didn't read far enough, a little later, he chops her into twelve pieces for being a slut, after he was the one who sent her out in the first place.

On a more modern-day note, did you hear about the 16-year old girl in Egypt? A young guy tried to cop a feel, and she spat in his face. he pulled out a gun and shot her, then told police his gun went off accidentally. Some things never change.

[[Most new Testament scholars believe that Timothy was a forgery written by someone who wanted his agenda heeded, so he wrote it using Paul's name.]]

That's impossible. Every last letter in the Bible is perfect, unalterable, truthful, and accurate, and God Himself uses His magical powers to ensure this is so.

"Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar." - PRO 30:6

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." REV 22:18,19

See? God Himself would have smote any forgers, and He would have stepped forward and provided proof Himself if anyone added anything untrue to His Holy Bible. So far, God has been silent and quite averse to providing proof (of any kind) so we can all rest assured, Timothy is legit. Send me a PM. I know a good place to buy a donkey. The concubine is a bit harder to come by.

Also, God responded to the confusion those ignorant and unstable New Testament scholars have about Timothy, and long before they were ever born. If Paul had been distorted or forged, God would have destroyed the forger.

"[Paul] writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2PE 3:16

We can also be confident in the absolute perfection and usefulness of every last bit of scripture.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2TI 3:16,17

"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple." - PSA 19:7

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him." - PRO 30:5

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." - JOS 1:8

And not the teeniest part of God's Word can change until Judgment Day:

"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." - MAT 5:18 - [Note: JESUS said this himself!]

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear." - ISA 45:23

[[You didn't read far enough, a little later, he chops her into twelve pieces for being a slut, after he was the one who sent her out in the first place.]]

Yeah, I read that. But, please. There are ladies present. Not that they're allowed to say anything to us anyway.

I hadn't heard about the young lady in Egypt. Her owner must be ticked. I thought acid in the face was the preferred method for correcting uppity women in the Mid-East. Here in the US, of course, it's voting Republican.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service