i was talking about the existence of Jesus Christ, is he real? why should i believe him? where is he now?

Views: 1926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "I know a good place to buy a donkey. The concubine is a bit harder to come by."

I don't know about you, but where I come from, concubines are easier to buy than donkeys.

But you're right, most of the men in the Bible felt that women were great, and that every man ought to own one - two, if he could afford it.

That would explain the Mountain Dew

What was it that Shakespeare said about, "the most unkindest cut of all" --?

Circumcision?

Surrender --

Most new Testament scholars believe that Timothy was a forgery written by someone who wanted his agenda heeded, so he wrote it using Paul's name.

It's still in the bible....bloody good forgery if that was the intent!

You'd be surprised at how many forgeries there are in the Bible, but at the Council of Nicea, of 325 AD, where it was decided which books would be included in the Bible, and which would not, the bishops were more concerned about which ones supported their point of view, than about their authenticity.

I am a Christian because I choose to submit my life to God. These are two of my favorite verses that encapsulate my feelings on the subject:

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:28

So are you saying you don't know why? Or that you like the feeling this false "love" gives you? And why would you want to submit yourself to anyone let alone someone that you are not sure even exists?

that thing was called "faith" isn't Sarah?

There are nice quotations in every major religion's scriptures. Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet is full of practical and wise sayings with none of the batshit crazy stuff in The Holy Bible, where you have Jesus casting demons into pigs and then driving them over a cliff to drown in the ocean and other such nonsense.

"Does God exist?" is a curious question to ask on an atheist forum. Kind of like going on a vegan forum and posting "Should we eat meat?" (No offense, Micmic.)

With all due respect, Stutz, this is Micmic's first time on the board, and he's working with a language handicap. Under the circumstances, I think he's doing very well. I would hate to try to express myself in Tagalog.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service