i was talking about the existence of Jesus Christ, is he real? why should i believe him? where is he now?

Views: 1900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

back before i was believing on it but now i'm only reading it, questions made me more curious about that things, so i decided to find some facts, stories, explanation., and now i'm questioning it..

Not clear, Micmic - questioning what?

Hi again Micmic,

So the god you are talking about is the Jesus Christ from the bible? I havn't actually read all of the bible (got bored around Leviticus), so why don't you tell us what you think about Jesus.

is he real? why should i believe him? where is he now?

This is an atheist site, so I feel happy answering these questions for the group... no, you shouldn't believe him, he doesn't exist.

what if i say yes?

Then this thread is about to get hilarious.

All you need is to ask for evidence before believing something to be true. Since we can never be absolutely 100% sure of anything we can only be more sure of one thing than we can of another. Remember the more exceptional the claim is, the more exceptional the evidence required. If you would like more information please visit www.ironchariots.org (see the 50 reasons to believe in god page).

Oh how about seeing if a notion passes the giggle test. Does it really make sense if someone really think about it that everything in the universe was made by some guy, and not only that, that he's human enough that we were made in his image?

Hahahahaha!!!

How can I say that water doesn't exist?  Well, I can't because I have ample evidence of it and it defines my very existence.  Perhaps water does not exist and neither do I - and so neither does this response.

As far as other things like gods and worm-wood-spirits - well I've never seen them and as far as I know they are just stories made up by primitive people to explain the inexplicable.  Now that we have explanations for what those people found inexplicable, we know for a fact that their gods and wood-worm-spirits do not exist.

Lately theists have been reinventing their conceptualization of gods because, it seems, even they know they do not exist.  This for me just proves that the idea never had any merit.  Perhaps they'll eventually define something that does exist, but that will have no connection to any concept of a god that I ever held, so again there is no such thing as gods.

To illustrate your point, as if to head off any criticism as to why their god doesn't hang around Earth as much as he used to, the Mormons have explained in advance that he lives on the planet, Kobol.

Guess that would make him a Kobolite. Koboling? Kobolian? Kobolian has a good feel to it --

Kobol? I thought that was a rather passe programming language.

LOL.  And lest someone take that seriously:

Nah, that's COBOL.  Odd little language; by the time you finished declaring everything you're basically done.  Nonetheless I will bet it's still in use in a lot of places.  Just like FORTRAN.

All I know for sure, is that it's loboK spelled backward --

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service