i was talking about the existence of Jesus Christ, is he real? why should i believe him? where is he now?

Views: 1938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the bible (pick a version)

How about the Jefferson bible?

I was referring to the Protestant/Catholic/Calvinist/Orthodox bibles that were derived from the Vulgate.

That's why I like it here.  There's always somebody to point out when you get sloppy.  :)

What is this, an Atheism 101 exam?

k - like your new avatar, it's so - so - you! Just kiddin' buddy --

Atheism 101 periodic review.  You know the drill.  :)

Given the fact that, as far as I know, I have never seen, heard, tasted, smelled, or touched anything I could identify as a god; given that in 2,000 years, nobody has ever come up with an iota of empirical evidence for a god or gods; and given that a Magic Man in the Sky is even less credible a concept than Santa Claus, I feel confident in stating, categorically, there IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOD!

Richard Dawkins is using honest, scientific accuracy when he says he is 99% certain there is no god, but can never discount that 1% possibility. Unfortunately, theists jump on that, saying, "See, even Dawkins isn't sure!"

My guess is that if their doctor told them there was a 99% possibility they had only a month to live, they wouldn't so enthusiastically say that to him.

Well, I suppose WWII didn't exist, but if I'm wrong about that I'm not mistaken, I'm insane. If God exists, I'm not mistaken, I'm insane. 

There's no evidence God (assuming the Christian Yahweh) ever existed. The existence of the universe doesn't necessarily imply any particular deity as its creator. Shiva would be as likely as Yahweh.

However, the more we know about physics and cosmology, the less a belief in "a creator" seems necessary. 

There really is no such thing as "nothing" so it's not the case that "the universe came out of nothing."

You sound like you're just phoning it in - how many times do you suppose we've answered this same, inane question?

I've decided I'm not playing - my time is too valuable for that, nothing interferes with my nap!

Hi Micmic,

I notice you have used a capital "G" when you say God. This implies that you are talking about specific thing which is named God. Perhaps you could tell us more about God? Is he/she special in some way? Omnipotent, omniscient, or some other omni perhaps? Once you give us more information, we can answer your question much better.

Thanks,

Matt

sorry for that., newbie here..

the bible? something like jesus christ, who was crucified..

PLEASE tell us you believe The Holy Bible is literally true. Let the fun begin!

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 11 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 10 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 11 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service