I have been doin a lot of reading as one of the things christians love to say if you point to the violance in the OT is "well look at Hitler and Stalin they wer Atheists , How many people did they murder?"

I never knew what to say to this, now after doing some reading including the Mein Kampf, reading the Richskonkordat, the contract with the Catholic church that Hitler signed and looking at his history, Hitler was very religious. 

http://www.nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm  

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

Interesting links to look at, what do you think about Hitler and religion and that Christians say he was an Atheist?

Tags: Atheism, Christian, Hitler

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you for those quotes

A good tool to use when people claim Hitler was an "Atheist"

Thank you I downloaded the lot, it will make for good reading

And some more.....this is a good read. It's enough to make Jesus turn in his grave.

I find that most of the statements about Hitler being an Atheist by christians are not based on fact but more based on Emotional fallacies such as "Appeal to the masses" in this Appealing to popular feelings, mass sentiment or patriotism to persuade a person or someone.

I simplify the argument further when this topic comes up , You have legs does that make you a table ? Thank you Frank Zappa for that one liner ....

This is clearly all about controling the masses, No difference between a dictator enforcing that onto people or a religion, it also makes it clear to me that Christianity was involved with politics from the word go.

Exactly - get people started following commandments, and eventually, they'll follow any commandment.

If you look at the German History after World war 1 the Germans was in poverty, because of the war and peaces of land that was given to others to controle. Hitler came at a good time, as a great speaker, lots of promisses to uplioft his people, and the Jews as a scape goat. Desperate people are very easy to manupilate.

and here is a good book on the subject...

So when christians say this they are comparing their god to hitler.   Do they not realize what they are saying?

I woould not want to equate the creator of the universe, the supreme being, the loving god to hitler.

Although I do see where you might confuse the two.    

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service