Although I greatly admire Hitchen's writings on atheism, let's not forget what a horrendous ass-hat he really was when it came to the Iraq war, neoconism, and the deaths of civilians. Hitchens would never let anyone else slide (see Mother Theresa, Princess Diana) on their moral misgivings and hypocrisies just because they're dead. How do you reconcile celebrating him with these unforgivable lapses in moral judgement?

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/17/christohper_hitchens_and_the_protoc...

http://gawker.com/5868761/christopher-hitchens-unforgivable-mistake 

Views: 1368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Off to drink a toast with some of you (to the cool atheist Hitchens, not the misogynistic neocon jerk Hitchens). We can continue some of this there. It's fun so far. And remember, because of conservative thinking, you can now bring your firearm to this drinking establishment as well as your 

Not need to reconcile anything. Hitchens was a brilliant, eloquent asshole. He never claimed to be a moral authority himself; his work was calling out other people for being hypocrites. I respect him as the skilled writer and amazing iconoclast he was, but I probably wouldn't have liked him in person if I had to spend more than an hour in his company.

Your comment is [EDITED] , you don't belong here , you ARE NOT A TRUE ATHEIST, your are probably  a Christian fanatic attempting  to mislead  people , hitch was just a man like everybody like all  us,but he knew what he was talking about , and for [EDITED] you to put him down  is an insult  to his memory

****MODERATOR'S NOTE TO ALL: Keep it civil please. Personal attacks/insults are a violation of Think Atheist's guidelines. Please don't risk your membership in the community by resorting to personal attacks/insults.*****

Ah, a free thinker indeed!

RSS

Forum

Proof Near Death Experiences may in fact be real

Started by Violeta Babacan in Small Talk. Last reply by _Robert_ on Wednesday. 1 Reply

Belief

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk. Last reply by Ron Humphrey Jul 29. 1 Reply

Agnosticism

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen Aug 3. 12 Replies

I'm not an atheist anymore...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by lloydleroimiller yesterday. 20 Replies

Blog Posts

Equuleus - the little horse

Posted by Brad Snowder on July 9, 2017 at 1:08am 0 Comments

Horrified

Posted by Mary smith on July 2, 2017 at 12:35pm 0 Comments

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service