Is JUST around the corner. I'm wondering for those of you who are going to have a shot of JWB... or those of you who will have to settle for the gas station bought single shot of tequila rose, lol...what are your favorite videos/quotes etc... the best of the best... of Hitchens...

Salud!

Views: 1099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkv6zw4gnKU&list=PL49C79BCB7CDEC...

Hitchens never stopped getting better. Even up to his death.

Nah, not at all - it is a respect - he was a brilliant debater, he will be remembered, like any great orator - does not put him into any class of 'revered'.

I just renewed the Hitchday event here on TA for next year.

For those who would like to RSVP - http://www.thinkatheist.com/events/christopher-hitchens-day-2

That which can be asserted without evidence can be equally dismissed without evidence. Hitchens or Sagan? Have a good Google on that one.

BTW, for those of you who think of the idea of 'Hitchday' as a cult, I would just like to point out that there are those of us who have been tipping back a glass of scotch on Robert Burns day for a couple centuries now without ever conceiving of that drunkard and fornicator as a saint, let alone a deity.  :D

We don't celebrate just one man, as religion does. There are other tributes here at TA for other heroes. Thanks for this one!

I think I'd like to quote... The entirety of "God is Not Great". I just don't have room. :D

I'll still raise my pipe, and I may make a special on this coming 2014 edition, and buy myself a nice bottle of scotch.

RSS

Forum

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 19 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 9 hours ago. 60 Replies

An awakening.....radical acceptance.....

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Belle Rose 13 hours ago. 1 Reply

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service