I'm new to the site, at first I joined only to correct someone about Christian morality but I think I'll stay to see what some (not all) atheist think about everything. So yeah, I'm here to see the "culture" I guess and what are the trends in thought among at-least some atheist and when I decide I can, correct misunderstandings in Christian principle and I like the chat-room, so you might see me use it. Alright cool, thanks for reading and if you have any questions about the Christian faith, I'd be happy to answer em if I can.

Views: 1222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, in my opinion Doc - and I realize you're not saying otherwise - Israel has behaved like a good guest here and should be treated as such.

My thoughts exactly. 

Yes, the two seem to be pretty independent.  What I meant was that how people treat others is the most important thing. 

On that we can agree. 

Wow, Michael, you've just admitted you've changed your indoctrinated stance on some religious issues, seeing them as no longer valid, and it hasn't escaped my attention that you've made some purely secular contributions to some of the discussions recently. I'm impressed.

Stay away from those mushrooms and quit blathering on about megafauna, and who knows, you could become a real, live boy --

I am afraid this isn't the Michael you are thinking of.

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profile/MichaelEck

vs

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profile/Michael456

I hope MichaelEck doesn't feel too insulted by this mistake!  Meanwhile... perhaps, Michael, you should change your name to something like RationalMike?

Good catch - I was foolishly optimistic there, I also thought he had woken up.  Oh well

T-rex tissue

Triceratops horn tissue.

That's the best I've seen so far. More than that, I wouldn't be able to get into it.

There is that famous philosophical argument of design. Everywhere you see many man made things that have been designed. Like-wise the human being and animals show features fittingly designed.

That's what I've read about, really I mention the above just to tip you off, not to get in a debate about the above. Tipping you off is the best I could offer at my "level" of biology and geology.

I'm okay with getting corrected. Just don't expect me to earn a doctorate in biology or geology by tomorrow.

Look up oxymoron in the dictionary.  Christian morality.

You must not have met the right Christians.  I can think of two I would ask advice from any day of the week. 

Israel, why did god prefer Israel to other nations?!

I'm guessing it's because they were more willing to kiss his ass.

But if you ask any genuinely true believer, in either Christianity, Judaism or Islam, they are likely to respond with, "Who am I to question the will of god?"

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 49 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 4 hours ago. 26 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 11 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 2 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service