I stumbled upon this site last night, and after a bit of lurking around, I think I'll hang out for a while. This seems like a friendly and active community.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but I have early memories of skepticism. I can remember thinking in elementary school how silly religion seemed to me. But I went along with it since that was what was expected of me. I even went as far as to be confirmed, in order to please my parents. I've only really identified with the label atheist in the last few years and have been asking many questions of myself as to what that means to me. I don't have all the answers and that is a very satisfying feeling. The day I think I know it all is the day I've lost it.

I believe in reason, science and critical thinking. I believe in doing and being good just for the sake of it. I try to live a good life, although I screw it up sometimes.

Anywhoo, that's a very brief introduction. I hope to contribute more in the future and I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's up Kate, welcome

Hello, welcome to think Atheist, I have been a member for about a week and to date have found it to be a very nice forum for free thought.

Hope to hear more from you soon

@Kate - Welcome!  RE: "I've...been asking many questions of myself."

Always question - that's what separates the rational from the religious.

"Philosophy consists of questions that may never be answered.
Religion consists of answers that may never be questioned."

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

Hi Kate. Welcome to our little corner of the web. I've only been here a little over a month, but I find people receptive to questions and open with their opinions. Jump right in!

Hi Kate, welcome to TA. What is written on your wrists in your profile picture? At first I thought it was just cuts but not it looks like words.

Welcome again,

Matt

It says "Don't Panic", taken from my favorite book, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy :)

It's not the best picture since it was taken directly after the tattoo was finished.

Kate - I do hope you didn't leave home without your towel!

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

Hi Kate welcome to the best open minded community on the web! And so long and thanks for the fish! lmao Love that book hon:)

Welcome!

I am always glad to see another ex-Catholic.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Lee 1 hour ago. 7 Replies

An atheist book for children?

Started by Leonard Deke in Small Talk 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Gary Clouse 10 hours ago. 69 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service