Hi! I'm Hannah, and I very recently found out about Think Atheist through twitter and realized I needed to join (and what better day to join than Judgement Day itself) :) I was born and raised in Norway, which is where I currently live. Even though about 70-80% of our population are members of the state church, I find most of the people here surprisingly secular, so my upbringing has suffered very little religious influence and I never needed to "convert" to atheism, I've pretty much always been one. I love discussing religion and other related topics, so hoping to do more of that here :)

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Hannah, you are welcome to the fold. I am new also and I think I would need a lot of followup in order to really get the concept of being a member of this group. I live in Nigeria, and all my life I have been a Christian, but with recent development and all that has happened to me in the past, I am living that faith to seek a better way of knowing whom I really am.
Howdy!

welcome, I hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome, I hope you find everyone as friendly and intriguing as I have!

Sorry for the late reply, but welcome! And look! You survived the Rapture too! What a releif.

Welcome to TA Hannah!
Velkommen Hannah! I am new here as well. Spent about 6 months in Norway in the 1990's, one of the most beautiful lands on Earth! Was in Skreia. I am new to the group as well, started out as a child raised Roman Catholic, then parents became pentecostal Christians.....then well....I started thinking for myself. Has been an enlightening process so far. I cherish life so much more knowing this is the only one we've got!!!

Hannah, welcome to TA - It's a great site for freethinking atheists :)

Being a Dane I can very much relate to your position - it is the exact same situation in Denmark. Here being a member of the church is kind of the default state: it's just there, it's practical for marriage and funerals, we simply don't have to think about it much and the church has no need to seek out members - I believe that this is the main reason most people don't really care about nor exercise their religion and if you ask them most will admit that they don't really believe.

Now, on another much more important matter - give us back our North Sea oil resources that your country stole from us those many years ago! We made you rich and don't you forget it! haha ;)

Welcome to TA! I'm also a new member, hope you like it!
Welcome :)

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Unseen 16 seconds ago. 54 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 12 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 16 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 16 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service