So I was curious how do you handle this topic when a friend brings this up? A acquaintance of mine said this to me and we got into a discussion about it. She kept hammering on how "SAD IT IS! SOPHIE! SERIOUSLY! HOW FUCKING SAD!"

I simply replied, "How sad that you have a imaginary friend that you really think cares about you. When millions of children are starving to death. Seriously, how fucking sad."

So got so flustered. She almost imploded in on herself. It was glorious.

What about you? How would you handle this topic?

Views: 1891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm happier alone. I'm sad if I get out of place in a bunch of kids talking about their favorite fairy tales. They're all going to Wonderland. I'm planting a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJ-_OTvsqo  "I don't care how blissful it is.. its eternal after a while you'll get used to it.. and then you'll be fuckin bored!"..

As a teen back in the 70s, one of many part time jobs I held was that of an assistant caretaker for a small country cemetery. The job was only a couple days per month and consisted of cleaning up litter, dead flowers, faded plastic flowers, mowing. helping dig and fill in graves, and on occasion, acting as a stand-in pall bearer.

I learned a lot of burial lore back then, but I also realized that the funerals were for the benefit of the living,. The tombstones, plaques and urns are monuments that jog the memories of the good we did when living to help surviving friends and family cope with their loss.

I don't believe. There is no Tooth faerie, Santa Clause, or egg-laying rabbit on Easter.
If you look forward to being somewhere else, then you must consider where you are to be inferior. Nice!
Childish people should grow up. 

the prop in the pic is clever, the conversation about it is clever...the theoretical responses sound clever. a whole pile of cleverness going on...

so are we saying that u get dressed up to be buried in a hole...and we where that sh*t into the ether? the concept of that kind of conversation with anyone over the age of 6 hurts. when the conversation goes unclever is when it hurts more. cant think of a scenario where i would entertain the conversation, so i guess i have no snazzy response :(

Add a comment like this, coming from the grave:

"But I told you guys to just dress me up in a bathing suit and sunglasses, and cremate me!"

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service