Today at work a really close friend of mine who happens to be a Christian got a call saying that a close friend of hers died. She's 19 and she seemed to have a rough time dealing with the fact that a friend younger than her died in his sleep. During the first stage when she was crying quite uncontrollably she shouted "There is no God anymore." Now she has always been a strongly religious person (although she agrees with me that the Bible holds no validity, so I don't know what makes her think Christianity is the way to go) and I figured this was simply the anger stage of death, and I'm sure this was in no way a true denouncement of her faith, so I just kept quiet. I didn't say anything else along the lines of religion the rest of the day, not wanting to put her through all that at this point. My question is do you think I should have said anything and give her a little push, or would that be a little too theist of me? What would you have done in that situation?

Tags: Christian, Death, Doubts

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen to Nelson a caring and reasonable person is what I have gleamed from this site.
Compassion is a great comforter and we all have to find out for ourselves the truth.
Nelson's dead on. Just be a compassionate, caring friend, it's probably what she needs the most right now.
Just be there for her as a friend.. not as an atheist, not as an elder.. just a person. I think you did great.

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service