Hello, I'll make this quick and short. I completely de-converted roughly six months ago. I was raised in a very strict, psychotic evangelical christian home. My father is an evangelist and 'author' (I put that in quotations because his grammar is horrendous, yet he manages to sell books). I haven't spoken to any family, save my brother whom I am close to, in nearly a year for many different reasons, religion playing a big part in it. I left Christianity with the help of Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion" and reading about many Bible contradictions. Seeing the underbelly of the "faith movement" didn't help too much either.

*ahemememem* Now then, I'm 20 years old, I have an amazing baby and an amazing love. We lead a happy, simple life. I'm going to school and work full time. I'm a huge gamer nerd and I love to learn. That's pretty much the jist!

Tags: christian, evangelical, new

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm a game nerd too! are you more into the video games or the online ones?
Sorry it took me a month to reply xD. Video games...PS3 specifically. :D Soul Calibur IV, Katimari Forever, Dragon Age Origins...how about yourself?
It is! I feel like I'm really seeing the world for what it is. And it's a beautiful world...not an evil one, like I was raised to believe. :D
You sound similar to me :) I de-converted about 4 months ago though, and I come from a Southern Baptist/Seventh-Day Adventist background. So, with that, welcome! I'm new here too, and I'm glad that you've found happiness outside of religion. Oh, and I'm also 20, a huge gamer nerd, and love to learn too! I hope you like it here, I'm finding the community very intelligent and fun.
I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and didn't really believe. At 16, I was excommunicated from the church for smoking cigarettes, because according to their interpretation of the Babble, they defile the flesh. When I quoted scripture from their own book that proved them wrong, they gave me the boot. And I've been free ever since. I majored in World Religions to be able to dissect and shatter religious delusions everywhere. And I, too, am a huge gamer nerd.

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service