Good morning! 

I've had roughly a pot of coffee already so my intro might be a bit...jittery. 
My name is Jenny. I'm a noober. 
I am a former fundie kid. I grew up in the same homeschooling cult that the Duggars are in and actively promote. The name of the cult is the Institute of Basic Life Principles and/or the Advanced Training Institute of America. 
My husband and I both were raised in this cult. We have both transitioned from Christianity into atheism. I am grateful to have been able to make this journey with someone who understands much of what I struggled with. 
After a lot of researching the Bible, I decided to leave Christianity roughly eight years ago. A combination of my own research leaving gaping holes in the "whys" of what I believed and seeing such horrible things done within the faith is pretty much the reason I walked away. I found that I could not, in good conscience, raise my children in Christianity. 
One of the best parts of leaving Christianity has been the sheer freedom I have felt. I have lost many friends and family members acceptance for having walked away but it is worth it. So incredibly worth it. 

Annnyhoo..I dunno what else to throw into an intro. So, thank for letting me hang out here. :)

Tags: holyrunonsentencesbatman, lifestory, toomuchcoffee

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say, I love the tag "Holyrunonsentencebatman."

Ha! I am used to forums where the tag lines don't really show up. 

Hi and welcome, I am also a bit new to this page and in the short time I have joined this page so many new people. I think you will find there is lots to talk about and thoughts to be shared. 

Thanks so much!

Hi there, and welcome to TA, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thanks! 

Hello, and welcome.  :)

Thank you and hello! 

Hi Jenny, and welcome. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here.

Thanks for the welcome, Matt. 

Welcome to TA

I know how you feel with the losing of friends and families. It sucks but hey being free is a much better feeling than trying to pretend to be someone you are not for acceptance 

Thank you, Adam. 

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service