Hi everyone,

I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a junior in high school and I've been an atheist for almost 2 years now. Only a couple of my family members know and they are not very accepting of it. It is really difficult for me as ALL of my friends are very religious. I don't know a single atheist. I feel very alone.

So...here's hoping to find some friends who understand me! :)

Views: 423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Know that you are no longer alone.  This place will lead you to knowledge you can really appreciate.  from this site, I have been exposed to books, music, and ideas I would probably not have seen.

Welcome in the Atheist connection :)

+1 internets to you brother! We athiests own teh internats. 

We do not forgive. We do not forget. We are legion. Expect us.

Very well said.

Hi and welcome!

I admit that it is hard for me to put myself in your boots, since almost all my friends are atheists or agnostic. You are brave indivitual, and I'm proud of you, and all others like you. Don't be afraid to be what you are, you have the right. Have those friends of yours ever truly thought their faith I wonder? Many people are still living in childs faith, because it is easier that way. Challenge them to think and explain their views if they question yours.

Welcome!

Hey!!, Im a sophomore in high school also. Although my parents don't know I am agnostic. I'm here for any further questions you might have. Welcome!! 

Welcome!

Even though you might feel as the only atheist in your school, you can clearly see there is quite a few of us around the world, and here you can find the community you are looking for.
Don't let being the only atheist at your school discourage you or have you go with the flow. Stick to what you know is proven to be true. 

I understand, Alyssa.
Welcome here!

Maybe you can start a TEEN ATHEIST group here on Think Atheist..?

Peace.

Thank you everyone so much! It is so nice to hear your words of encouragement. It means a lot.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service