Hi everyone,

I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a junior in high school and I've been an atheist for almost 2 years now. Only a couple of my family members know and they are not very accepting of it. It is really difficult for me as ALL of my friends are very religious. I don't know a single atheist. I feel very alone.

So...here's hoping to find some friends who understand me! :)

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are describing exactly how I felt when I was your age.  I am now 76, and with each passing year the evidence piles up: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOD OF ANY KIND!!!

Check out the Secular Students Alliance online.  You might not feel quite so alone.  It is an organization that is growing by leaps and bounds as students like you continue to discover that there are others with doubts about the efficacy of religion.

A number of my closest friends in HS were religious even though I wasn't, so I know how you feel. Welcome to TA.

Welcome, and well done! You have a thinking brain, be proud... I know it will be difficult not to look askance at your detractors, because after all, they represent the dark ages and it must be terribly hard to be zombie, so try not to let your pity show too much ;)

Hey, Alyssa. Don't worry about feeling alone. Explain that you do not believe in God, but only in that which can be explained, verified, and measured. Your friends and family should be glad to know you. Being an atheist does not take away anything that constitutes the kind of parson you are.

Welcome!

Hey there, hope you enjoy the site. And hang in there, hope things get easier for you. 

Welcome to the cool kids club!  I was pretty young when I determined I had reached the age of reason in an all catholic family so I had to keep it secret for a long time.  This place is pretty cool its great to be able to connect with other atheists, where the word atheist isn't a dirty word.   

Welcome!

Hello! I'm new too!

Welcome to the club! A lot of us are in the same boat as you. *hugs* ^_^

Hi, I hope things go well for you. When I was your age I had pretty much guessed that there was no god but I hadn't admitted it to myself yet. I was living by myself when I came to the realization that I was an atheist. Just do what you can to get by, I think it's a little easier when you're living on your own.

hello!

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service