Hi peeps

Just a wee hello and intro to who I is. I'm a Scotsman in his 40's still surfing the wave of the enlightenment that can be argued to have started with David Hume here in my home city of Edinburgh. I am a lifelong atheist coming from parents who had a casual yet definite disregard for all things religious. And I am delighted my son, now a grown adult, shares this family heritage.

I used to be a lot more involved and engaged in religious debates and attended humanist and skeptic nights for a while. However in recent times I have been more engaged in the political sphere. That said I still enjoy a little evangelical atheism on occasion.

I do have email alerts on and am always ready for a discussion so engage if thou wisheth. 

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I apologize that no one on here has welcomed you yet! Welcome, my friend! Hope you enjoy the interesting happenings on here. I just joined the other day, and have already been challenged by a religious person. I am sure if you wait around long enough, you'll be able to spark up some great conversations and some friendships.

As for me, if you need a friend, I have your back! 

Take care, brother!

I have a good Atheist friend in Edinburgh named Connor D.  I wouldn't suppose you know if, but if you did, it would be worthwhile having a pint with him.

Welcome to Think Atheist.

Welcome to TA

Welcome!  Mostly, I've been challenged by other atheists, but it's led to growth for me just the same.  I am glad we can find each other here and other places,

RSS

Forum

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Karlee 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Cato Rigas 3 hours ago. 34 Replies

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service