Hi peeps

Just a wee hello and intro to who I is. I'm a Scotsman in his 40's still surfing the wave of the enlightenment that can be argued to have started with David Hume here in my home city of Edinburgh. I am a lifelong atheist coming from parents who had a casual yet definite disregard for all things religious. And I am delighted my son, now a grown adult, shares this family heritage.

I used to be a lot more involved and engaged in religious debates and attended humanist and skeptic nights for a while. However in recent times I have been more engaged in the political sphere. That said I still enjoy a little evangelical atheism on occasion.

I do have email alerts on and am always ready for a discussion so engage if thou wisheth. 

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I apologize that no one on here has welcomed you yet! Welcome, my friend! Hope you enjoy the interesting happenings on here. I just joined the other day, and have already been challenged by a religious person. I am sure if you wait around long enough, you'll be able to spark up some great conversations and some friendships.

As for me, if you need a friend, I have your back! 

Take care, brother!

I have a good Atheist friend in Edinburgh named Connor D.  I wouldn't suppose you know if, but if you did, it would be worthwhile having a pint with him.

Welcome to Think Atheist.

Welcome to TA

Welcome!  Mostly, I've been challenged by other atheists, but it's led to growth for me just the same.  I am glad we can find each other here and other places,

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 2 minutes ago. 10 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 25 minutes ago. 29 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 55 minutes ago. 50 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 14 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 3 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service