I grew up in the South, where churches can be found on every corner. I went to church. I listened to the stories of the Bible and for a long time, I believed them to be literally true. When I was about 13, I started attending a youth group at my family's church. My faith in the Christian god became very strong at this point. So strongly, I then began to research every aspect of the Christian religion. I wanted to be that person who could spit out Bible verses and show those "devil sent" atheist a thing or two. Yet, as I searched, I found less and less about the "truths" of the Bible. Instead, I found reasons to believe I, and millions of people, were wrong. From there, I began searching for a "new" religion. I dabbled in paganism. It is a very interesting read, yet highly unbelievable. Then, I began to ponder the true question. "If there isn't "one true god," is there even a "god" of any type? Oh Em Gee, could it be? My spiritual path led me in a few directions from there. I am in the process of getting my blog up and running. I plan to go into more details on my journey of un-enlightenment there.

At 24 years old, I am finally ready to say to the world "I am Atheist." Although, I am not completely "out" to my religious family, I am honest with myself. That, in the end, is all that matters.

Please check out my blog. There's only one post as of now but I will be working on it over the next few months. There's also a link there to follow my new Twitter page. I look forward to discussing topics with everyone here!

Atheist Ali

http://athiestali.blogspot.com/

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations and welcome, from a bible belt refugee.
Thank you everyone! :) I'm glad I finally found a place where we can actually talk and not yell/be yelled at. :)

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 1 Comment

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service