My name is Kat and I live near Boston and am the mom of 4 kids.  My oldest was diagnosed with a nasty, terminal (genetic) brain disease over 3 years ago and the amount of "God" "Prayer" comments have pushed me to realize that I am an atheist.  I never held religious beliefs but my journey in life has brought me to you and to join this site.  My parents were raised Christian and my mother had to attend so much church growing up that she never forced us to go.  

I wish people would stop pushing their beliefs down my throat.  If the roles were reversed and I started pushing my beliefs on them, I'd lose friends rapidly.

Thanks for having me.  I'm 34 and like Jeeps, my friends (Christian, Atheist or otherwise), red wine and DNA. <3

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She has Juvenile Batten Disease, age 12 with a life expectancy of late teens to early 20's.  She has gone completely blind and is currently losing her brain cells (aka the abilities to walk, talk, eat and think).  It sucks but acceptance has allowed me to move on with our lives and give my children (including and especially her) some really badass memories. :)

My heart certainly goes out to her. Too late for her, but for others, one day science - not religion - will find a way to correct such genetic defects in the embryo. You're a strong woman.

I am very saddened by your personal tragedy.  But I'm uplifted by your courage in facing it with intelligent realism.  Please say strong!   

Thank you for having me!!! :)

Hi Kat-

Welcome!  I agree with Dale....you have a lot of courage.  Stay strong and feel free to say what you want here.  I find very little "judging" in these forums.

best,

ed

Kat,

Your attitude is inspiring..

Welcome Kat :)

Sorry to hear about your little girl, but I have to agree with everyone that your attitude is most certainly inspiring and you're very strong to face this with a cloud-free mind. I hope TA provides a small sanctuary in the world of religious delusions for you as its done for myself and many others <3

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service