Hi everyone!

I've been hanging around this little corner or the internet for a few days now and I like what I've seen so far so decided to join up :)

I'm from Ireland and was baptised as Roman Catholic as a baby. While my parents were never particularly religious, I can honestly say I've never believed in any of it and thankfully they never forced religion on me. I was schooled by the Catholic Church (about 95% of schools in Ireland have a RCC ethos) and often got into trouble for questioning Catholic teachings surrounding sexuality, feminism, marriage etc :)

I'm already out as an atheist. All my friends and family know about my lack of belief and for the most part, they are fine with it. I sometimes get a bit of grief when it comes to things like Lent (Obviously I dont observe it, which many people still raise an eyebrow about), Christmas, etc. 

Anyway, on a more personal note. I am a mature student, studying Environmental Science. I live with a ginger cat named Rusty, a greyhound called Casey and 3 chickens; Princess Layer, Hen Solo and Luke Skyclucker!

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Onyango :)

Hello and welcome, Seraphina.

Thanks, Gallup :)

Welcome

Thank you, Obfuskation

Hello Irish Atheist :) lol

How are ya?

Hello, Morghan! 

I'm very well, thank you :) Hope you and yours are well too!

Definitely. At home making lasagna at the moment. Staying cold since it is around 100 out!

Hello! I like your chickens' names. :)

Hi Beth,

Hehe, thanks :) They're little darlings and give me yummy eggs every day. I'd recommend chickens to everyone. They're so much fun!

Rather witty as to chicken names. While our family did name our chickens, all seven of them, I refused to commit their names to memory. My cat was Sweetie, the dogs Cookie and Cricket.

I was considered a little 'out there' once when I came to a tenants door to fix something, and I noticed they had a very large amount of dark-grey ash on their face and forehead. The first thing that came out of mouth was, 'oh, are you alright, did you fall?' 'NO, its Ash Wednesday!'

Atleast my heart was in the right place...;-)

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 36 minutes ago. 9 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service