I'm Amber and I just came to see if I could find some intelligent discussion here, so far I'm very pleased and I'm enjoying myself greatly! If anyone ever wants to chit-chat my skype is in my profile--just let me know who you are when you add me or I might ignore you. 

And you can always message me on here, but I'm really bad at checking mail! Haha

I'm not vain, but I do tend to talk about myself more than I realize! I mostly identify this as the need to be /really/ understood by people. I'm always looking for people to whom I can relate and who can relate to me, so I suppose the best way to do that is to talk about yourself! (Still, really, there's no excuse beyond a borderline narcissistic fascination with my own inner workings to talk about myself as much as I do!)

But the whole point of this thread is to talk about me, so yay? Hehe

I've been an artist since very young always getting in trouble during school because I was doodling instead of paying attention--little did they know I could do both at the same time. 

I enjoy getting to know people in a deep level. I like to do this because I like collecting information that I can compare and contrast to other people. I don't do this in a structured way, it's more like I let the conversation flow naturally and as it goes on I pick up nuances of how they really think and I secretly log that stuff away for the future. It obviously can't all be accurate, I daresay it never will be.

Anyways! That's me on the surface and a cell beneath it, but I'm not going to indulge myself like this anymore, so yeah!

Nice to be here, and I look forward to discussing things with everyone!

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amber and welcome!

Intelligent disucssion is in no short supply here. In fact for lesser mortals like myself it's often hard to follow. Nevertheless totally interesting stuff and thought provoking!

Hope to read your posts soon!!!!

Hi Amber, welcome to TA.

We have plenty of intelligent discussion going on in here and for that matter, plenty of unintelligent discussion too :P Feel free to participate in any discussion you like :)

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes! I really appreciate it!

Nice to meet you!  (Sort of)

Welcome to TA Amber :)

I've been an artist since very young always getting in trouble during school because I was doodling instead of paying attention--little did they know I could do both at the same time.

Same here, the teacher were very seldom interesting enough to have my full attention.

I enjoy getting to know people in a deep level. I like to do this because I like collecting information that I can compare and contrast to other people. I don't do this in a structured way, it's more like I let the conversation flow naturally and as it goes on I pick up nuances of how they really think and I secretly log that stuff away for the future. It obviously can't all be accurate, I daresay it never will be.

I tend to do the same thing. After a while you will get pretty good at it. 

A lot a intelligent people here so you shouldn't lack for something of interest to talk about.

I hope that's true, Walter; getting better at it, I mean. I would say I'm a lot better than I used to be.

I have this knack for people telling me (personal) things without really trying. Plus I am a compassionate listener as well as talker which might get people feel that I care so they tend to "open up"

I try to home in on what they are interested in and see if I have any knowledge or experience to get the conversation flowing. This most of the time builds a connection and a little bit of trust resulting in information that wouldn't usually be told in other circumstances.

Isn't it wonderful? I love that people feel they can open up like that. I've only met one person who refused to talk with me about personal things when I first met them, but we've become the closest of friends. It took a lot of time and trust-building.
Maybe we can discuss the things we've learned some time?
Sounds cool to me.
What is funny is I am a homebody. But when I am out in public I am quite social :)
I am the exact same way as you! I love being alone, but I am very social in public. My hermitness gives my family the impression that I'm incapable or unwilling to socialize--which they criticize me for constantly--but I just tend to enjoy socializing online more.
Welcome :)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service