Even the most ardent historian, male or female—citing Amazons and tribal matriarchies and Cleopatra—can’t conceal that women have basically done fuck all for the last 100,000 years. Come on—let’s admit it. Let’s stop exhaustingly pretending that there is a parallel history of women being victorious and creative, on an equal with men, that’s just been comprehensively covered up by The Man. There isn’t. Our empires, armies, cities, artworks, philosophers, philanthropists, inventors, scientists, astronauts, explorers, politicians and icons could all fit, comfortably into one of the private karaoke booths in SingStar. We have no Mozart; no Einstein; no Galileo; no Ghandi. No Beatles, no Churchill, no Hawking, no Columbus. It just didn’t happen.

Nearly everything so far has been the creation of men—and a liberal, right-on denial of it makes everything more awkward and difficult in the long run. Pretending that women have had a pop at all this before but ultimately didn’t do as well as the men, that the experiment of female liberation has already happened but floundered gives strength to the belief that women simply aren’t as good as men, full stop. That things should just carry on as they are—with the world shaped around, and honouring, the priorities, needs, whims, and successes of men. Women are over, without having even begun. When the truth is that we haven’t even begun at all. Of course we haven’t. We’ll know it when we have.

~Caitlin Moran

Do you agree or disagree with the above sentiment and statements, and why or why not?

-------------

NOTE: I'll be contrarian in the discussion, both because I find it fun, and also because echo chambers are boring.

Views: 1509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sadly, I expect they still obsess about shoes instead of hand tools!

Linda was the first woman I had sexual intercourse with and as far as I'm concerned THAT was one hell of an accomplishment.

So what is it about you that made it such an accomplishment for her?

Chuckle, I'll never tell. :)

Maybe in the absence of having a dick , dick measuring is just not as important to successful women as opposed to successful men? So you hear about them less unless you go looking?

hmmm food for thought ey?

lol

It been the experience of many men that women don't measure a man by the size of his dick, the size of his wallet seems to interest them more. :D

This why I keep my wallet full of receipts, it just appears to be bigger....

I think with so many women choosing the mommy track or choosing to let raising their children affect their career moves, one has to limit oneself to comparing the women who go "all in" when it comes to their career to men. Men on the whole do not let their children affect their career decisions to the degree that women do. Because of this difference between the sexes, I doubt if women will ever reach a parity that they, when viewed in the aggregate, are not even trying to achieve. 

Relevant.

This woman accomplished a lot in the music industry.

@Gregg    Is this your friend Linda?

LOL 

I think he goes by the name Steven, I feel certain he hates that picture.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service