There are videos going around showing American Journalist James Foley being beheaded, and ISIS has even identified which journalist is next in case the US stops interfering with their juggernaut spreading their medieval brand of Islam.

The subject line asks, what do we do? Do we just walk away from this challenge or answer it?

Surely, a major part of the response needs to come from Europe which, in the interest of encouraging tolerance and diversity, has virtually encouraged immigration from Islamic countries. Now it seems they've allowed the seeds of ISIS in, Trojan horse fashion.

Brits hear the voice of Foley's executioner and think they hear a South London accent. This is concerning in many ways in the UK. Remember that in May of 2013, two British Islamic converts chose to murder an apparently randomly-selected British off-duty soldier with a meat cleaver and knives, and then made their identities known on video, giving up to police without much of a fight. They were proud of their grisly crime.

England, like just about all of the countries in Western Europe, has a large and growing Islamic minority. In fact, unless the immigration and birth rate are reversed, some of these countries will go Muslim within a few decades. So, the ISIS-ization of Europe, while perhaps unlikely, is far from impossible.

Who ever thought that World War 3 would end up being a multinational mission to stamp out a religious sect?

Tags: England, Europe, ISIL, ISIS, UK, WW3, Western

Views: 1947

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I can support Nina a bit, more than that weird, lung cancer public message I left that probably seems like I'm not connecting to reality in this thread...

I think we've lost some wars by leaping into quick "solutions" that can't actually work. Like (as you've also point out) establishing Israel as a state in other people's territory. Like supporting repressive governments (e.g. Saudi Arabia) because we commit to using their oil, thereby helping to start a cancer like Al Qaeda. Like invading and accidentally destabilizing Iraq because we think we're fighting evil and installing democracy to save the natives (or maybe even free them of the shackles of a non-Christian, non-FOX News sanctioned government?).

The disease has spread now, and it's hard to eradicate without killing a hospital full of patients. Longer term solutions need to be considered, like vaccinations, and showing the world how great we really are and how freedom can win without supporting big business (e.g. oil) carte blanche, not furthering torture as suddenly an acceptable cost of maintaining freedom, and (perhaps most importantly) recommitting to the idealism that religion and government must remain separate in order for any democracy or liberal republic to stay healthy.

The above are not quick or easy solutions, but at least they're not aimed at killing entire countries full of patients before more effective behaviors and cures can be developed and sold.

Speak for Holland Nina. Immigrants have been very welcome in Spain and Portugal, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic and still are.

Every government of every EU country that allowed immigration did have a mandate from their government...given by the people who reelected the same coalitions that started the immigration programs to begin with. You are basing your critique of immigration policy with the use of after sight. In some countries (Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and France and parts of Germany) there are notable integration problems usually with citizens from Turkey, Morocco, Algeria and to a smaller extent people from other Muslim countries. 

I don't hear many people complaining about the immigration of Italian immigrants to Belgium or Spanish immigrants to Germany or Cuban immigrants to Madrid who have more or less integrated.

Some of the immigration programs were successful and some were very badly throught out and executed even worse. But not all immigration programs went wrong. In some cases immigration was complimented by a notable increase in minimum wage and other increased protections to avoid the problem of growing unemployment and shrinking salaries. 

Some programs were clearly designed to bring in cheap uneducated labor as quickly as possible. Bad idea when you mix that with cultures who will integrate rather slowly. Others were designed to bring in a variety of immigrants to fill in gaps in semi-skilled and skilled labor shortages (especially in the Mediterranean, Switzerland and Austria). 

To say that there was no mandate in any EU country is an extreme exaggeration. To blame all of the problems with immigration on pure evil globalized greed is rather trite. To claim the problems with ISIS come down to some giant hegemonic war industrial complex neo capitalist big money conspiracy ... is to show a rather simplistic view of global problems ... a caricature of extremely complex issues. The creation of religious fundamentalism and totalitarian regimes don't just pop up solely because of a bad immigration policy and the unjust invasion of a country and a Zionist conspiracy.

To blame all of the problems with immigration on pure evil globalized greed is rather trite. To claim the problems with ISIS come down to some giant hegemonic war industrial complex neo capitalist big money conspiracy ... is to show a rather simplistic view of global problems ... a caricature of extremely complex issues. The creation of religious fundamentalism and totalitarian regimes don't just pop up solely because of a bad immigration policy and the unjust invasion of a country and a Zionist conspiracy.

Solutions, anyone?

To ISIS? Round every fundamentalist up and volunteers and drop them off on a Canadian Island in the Arctic. They can have the Frosty Islamic State of anyone who wants to belong to an Islamic state and they can bring with them all of the technology that existed when Mohammed made up the Koran and abandon all western culture and missile launchers and youtube videos. I think it would really solve a lot of problems.

Sounds good.

So just how do we "round every fundamentalist up"? We can't even locate them with enough accuracy (say, in which building or apartment) to blow them up with bombs.

Pheromone traps?

He's not serious. People just say stuff like that. For example, "If we can send a man to the Moon, why can't we send all men to the Moon?" (by a feminist).

Whoops, that makes sense. Hmm, FISIS!? In fur, even.

Yes. Pheromone traps. I'm working on a whole bunch of them in my privately funded lab in the penthouse of the Chrysler building paid for by the inheritance from my rich parents who mysteriously died when I was a child. I'll keep you up to date on the pheromone traps.

RSS

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service