In case you've been living under a rock or have been out of the country the last couple weeks, Hanna Anderson is a 16 year old California girl who allegedly was abducted by an older male family "friend," James Lee DiMaggio (hereafter JLD), who, before he abducted her, allegedly tortured and killed her mother and brother in his home (not theirs), a home which he burned down perhaps in an attempt to destroy evidence. A huge BOLO (be on the lookout) was put into effect and they were finally spotted in backwoods Idaho. He was killed in the girl's rescue in what may have been a suicide-by-FBI. 

I find a number of things about this case weird and would not be surprised if there were some, well, surprises to come out of the FBI's investigation. Why?

Apparently a number of letter have been found between Hanna and JLD. What sort of content is in those letters?

Used condoms have been found in JLD's home. I wonder whose DNA will be found on those, if DNA is salvageable?

Then there are her inconsistent statements. She has said (a) that JLD tied up her mother and brother and set an incendiary device to go off after a while and (b) she has also said that she felt her mother would be the first to come looking for her.

And then there's Hanna's weird clenched-tooth smile, which you see in almost all of the photos of her. It's a smile that doesn't seem genuine because it's more in the mouth than in the eyes. 

Then there's how "normal" she's seemed after the abduction and killing of her abdductor pretty much right in front of her eyes. She got busy right away on social media answering questions and, far from going into hiding due to her grief, appeared at a fund-raising function.

In fact, there's little evidence of the grief I think most of us would feel if a parent and sibling had been tortured and murdered.

How unwilling was she? How complicit? I certainly hope she was unwilling and not complicit, but, something certainly seems wrong here. If she was complicit, it won't be the first time an older man has introduced a girl to sex (if that's what happening, and I'm really only speculating) and got her to do horrific things. 

Also, because of the smile and the apparent lack of grief, there may be a backstory there. Sexual abuse, perhaps? I won't speculate with whom, but that does lead to rather strange behavior. 

So, is it just me or do some of you think there may be much more here than meets the eye? I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Her eyes look dead. Reminds me of a boss I had who was crap at faking emotions...the top half of her face said, "I hate you, I hate this place, I hate my life" while the bottom part said, "I'm so fucking happy I'm going to make you look at all of my teeth! Yay!!!!" She was dead in the eyes, so it was like looking at Jaws while discussing your career prospects. I thought perhaps she had a personality disorder or didn't feel emotions like most people. Very strange. Maybe this teen has a personality disorder? Maybe she's repressing emotions? Maybe she doesn't have emotions? I guess terrible things can happen to psychopaths too. 

Maybe she is just really self conscious  in front of a camera.

Anyway when someone points a camera at you and tells you to smile is it any wonder that 90% of the time you only offer a fake smile?

That could be, but it's far from the only or even main issue. We'll probably learn more about what actually happened in the next 2-4 weeks. If she did participate in the killing of her mother and little brother, her youth and being in the thrall of an adult might be mitigating circumstances, but they won't protect her from justice.

As she would be the primary candidate for the made for TV movie that is sure to follow in a couple months she might be reacting in a manner consistent for getting the part. 

Sorry, I tend to ignore abduction stories featuring a blond haired, blue eyed, female victim. Which means I ignore nearly all of them. Even though they are one of the least kidnapped type of victim.

Why would anyone kidnap anyone other than a white hot 16 year old blond high school cheerleader intending to die in a hail of FBI gunfire? If they put on a TV news story about the abduction of a 48 y/o 300 lb male with a goiter and burn scar, I'm probably going to set a new world record changing channels. And I wouldn't be alone.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service