Hello fellow TA members. With halloween in just a few weeks, I was wondering if any of you have seen or thought of any good atheist costumes. I'am somewhat at a loss since one cannot really "dress" as an Atheist, and because I don't really want to go as an upside down cross. When it comes to a costume I  suppose expressing anti-theism might be easier than Atheism, but any ideas of the sort would help.

P.s. Not sure how evolution as a theme would play out in costume, but Im open to the idea of that too.

Thanks

Tags: atheist, halloween

Views: 786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All I meant is that we are all human beings.

I'm going as an invisible pink unicorn. I'm just staying home and eating my kid's candy. :)

LOL!!

Thanks for all the great ideas guys! definitely helps!

We need to find some Richard Dawkins, Chris Hitchens, Sam Harris, Neil deGrasse Tyson,  masks ! Or how about an Obama mask? (I still think he's a closeted atheist.)  Too bad, the majority of masks in the U.S. will eventually be masks of Jeebus Krist.  That's an easy costume.... Dark skinned, full faced beard, long hair, and a robe plus sandals to represent the Medieval Ages not only in looks but in mentality. Oh Holy Night , is what they'll be singing on Hallowe'en instead of  The Monster Mash.   HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

Dress up as a Philosopher!A Super Hero or wise old man.Or call your self Dr. Truth and ensemble. Or a Science Humanist.Or Mr. Real. Or a Playboy Millionaire!

There are several Atheist Superheros to choose from.

There's also a number of good philosophers... if you really want to go all out and irk some people, go as the book "Origin of Species" that should ruffle some feathers.

HOLY CRAP! Nathaniel this is awesome!!! I would so hope Wolverine is an atheist! Iron Man?! Love it! Thanks for the link!

Robert, I think you need to give Wolverine or even Cap. America their atheist card!

hmmm, not seeing that Capt. America is an atheist? 

It says Cap. America is protestant… meh, details. Since Marvel is into posing the question “What if?” I think it falls in line with Marvel tradition to ask “What if Cap. America was an atheist?” Problem solved!

Get three of your closest friends and do the Four Horseman of Atheism!

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service