http://rationalists.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/islamic-cultural-centr...

This is the final straw. How many died at Ground Zero. I cannot imagine how I would feel knowing that people will be praying at the very site to a god who through their belief of him had a part in this evil event,..if I had lost a loved one.
 Is this the beginning of the end.
 What do you think?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's an interesting observation. Not sure if it means anything, but it's worth looking into. ;)

Like Condell and Thunderf00t, The Amazing Atheist has his good videos and his bad videos.

In TAA's latest video, he talks about Glenn Beck. I was with him, until he used the word "faggot" in an unnecessary manner, which kind of turned me off to the video entirely.
That's an interesting observation. Not sure if it means anything, but it's worth looking into. ;)

I do think there is something there, but not sure what. I think it may be a difference in how Islam affects everyday citizens in the respective nations. I haven't fleshed it out yet.

And about TAA, you are right. I watched some of his videos and just couldn't get past the juvenile nature of them. Although, he does well sometimes, like with the video you posted, there are far too many moments that I don't care for.
Another non-American, ZOMGitsCriss, also weighed in recently. She also makes the "they have the right, but..." argument, but seems more reasonable outside of that silly statement.

I think the "Islamic invasion" problem is much more acute in Europe than it is in the US. 9/11 stirred a much greater fear in European countries where more than 20% of the population is now of Islamic faith (versus 0.8% of the total population in the USA).

Troublesome islamic fundies are much more likely over there.

That is what I see as well when you look at population comparisons.
No-body I believe wants to stop religion just have compassion for the wider population, not segregation please, as long as we are divided there is no hope for the future.
There was a Newsweek article (I think it was Newsweek) purporting to have interviews with Jihadist who feel the controversey and the opposition to the NY Center will be good for them and bad for us. They are delighted that Americans are against it. I only saw snippets of it and wanted to read and post it here, but time is an aloof mistress.

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service