Hi everyone,

My name is Remy and I am a 22 year old student from South Africa. I have been an atheist for about a year now (I was previously Roman Catholic) and I must say, it is such a pleasure to have somewhere to speak to like-minded people.

I'm looking forward to seeing how other people think about atheism and their views on the world. I'm sure I will learn a lot here and hopefully contribute as well!

I am a MASSIVE Stephen Fry fan, if their are any others out there, make yourselves known :D I think I have pretty much covered the basics, hope to chat to lots of you soon!

-Remy

Tags: Africa, Fry, Introduction, South, Stephen

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to Think Atheist Remy. We have another very active member here from South Africa. I'll send him a PM and let him know about you so he can say hi, in case he has not come across you yet.

The meerkat is talking about me!  Howzit bru!

I was born in South Africa and visit often. I joburg boy by birth but a Capetonian by heart. I was just in CT last month and had the most amazing time. Biltong, boero, etc...I miss ZA.

Anyway, glad you are here and glad to see several other South Africans here too!

Welcome to the site! (there is a chat bar at the bottom of the page lots of people tend to miss completely!) :)

Hey Remy!

I'm in Hartbeespoort, but don't hold that against me:P I moved here from CT in Feb for work at Pelindaba, and must say that life in NW Province is a lot more... alienating... for an atheist than Cape Town is. Not sure what it's like in Jo'burg? Here there are signs every kilometre or so telling you about how God is judging you, or "Harties for Jesus" bumper stickers and pamphlets.

Not to mention work, where if you look like a duck and walk like a duck, then you must believe in God.

But that's what's great about T|A.. I get to come home and lurk a bit and remember that there are normal people in the world:P Welcome:) 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Why Not Deism?

Started by Adam Weber in The Bible, The Koran, and other scripture. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 55 seconds ago. 95 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service