Hi all,

I thought I would introduce myself since I just joined the site. I was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. I received a fairly typical Lutheran upbringing. I was baptized, I was taught some prayers and the family listened to the Christmas mass together. I got confirmed at the age of 13 (which I really regret) but it was mostly because of the gifts!

A few years ago I really started to think about religion and life. I started listening to podcasts, reading blogs, twitter and books. I read God is not Great - How religion poisons everything by Christopher Hitchens, The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Magic of Reality by Richard Dawkins.

Today I am 100% atheist and love to discuss religion with other atheists and theists. A topic I really like to discuss is whether religion has done more good or bad.

Best regards,
Saemi

Tags: Atheism, Iceland, Introduction

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

welcome to TA.. we will be glad to see ur contributions in here :)

Hi Saemundur, good to have you on ThinkAtheist!

"A topic I really like to discuss is whether religion has done more good or bad."

Easy, religion takes away resources from society that have better uses elsewhere and this has always been the case.

Welcome to Think Atheist. I hope you enjoy your membership here and look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome Saemi, your story is similar to how I switched from Christiantiy to atheism. 

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service