Okay folks, we are all secure atheists, right? This question is just for fun! What religious themed songs have you caught yourself singing along with, or at least taping your foot to?  Here are two songs that get me every time:  Three Wooden Crosses sung by Randy Travis & Jesus Take the Wheel sung by Carrie Underwood.

Views: 1362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flyleaf has some christian-y lyrics, but I still like them.

yeah, i really like that tune "Cassie" even though it's both religious and also based on the fake story about a girl being shot at Columbine because she believed in god.

Folow this link posted by Dustin. Be warned you could suffer long term sanity problems if you watch the whole thing!!!!!

"Awake and Alive" and "Hero" by Skillet. Which I totally pretend are about people rather than God, because it sounds too good to xtian. :P

Johnny Cash's cover of Personal Jesus.  He sang it with conviction, and I find his rendition to be a very soulful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

"I will follow Him" by: Little Peggy March.  Everybody thought it was about her boyfriend, but it's about JESUS!

"Crying in the chapel" by: Elvis, everyone thought is was a love song, but he was crying because "I've come to know the lord"

Let it Be - The Beatles.

Prog rock geek that I am, I have to go with Supper's Ready (Genesis) and Awaken (Yes).  That's an hour's worth of spiritual goodliness right there,

"Oh Victory in Jesus" - LOL.  But the "Jesus Take the Wheel" is nice mockery song, I think. 

Spirit in the Sky

3 Wooden Crosses & Jesus Take the Wheel were good songs. 

I also enjoy Josh Turner's "Long Black Train".

"Amazing Grace" is nice for tradition. I also like "Eternal Father; Strong to Save" or colloquially known as "The Navy Hymn".

"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen

"What if God Was One of Us?" by Joan Osborne

I think the entire soundtrack of "O Brother, Where Art Thout?" would also be in my favorites.

RSS

Forum

How should I handle my atheism with my wife and children?

Started by Israel Dryer in Advice. Last reply by Gregg RThomas 35 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Worse than death

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by daughterofkarl yesterday. 15 Replies

N. De. G. Tyson

Started by JadeBlackOlive in Small Talk. Last reply by Ernest Doucette on Tuesday. 9 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Blasphemistan (2)

Posted by Noon Alif on September 21, 2016 at 6:00am 2 Comments

Sextans - the sextant

Posted by Brad Snowder on September 18, 2016 at 4:10pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service