Okay folks, we are all secure atheists, right? This question is just for fun! What religious themed songs have you caught yourself singing along with, or at least taping your foot to?  Here are two songs that get me every time:  Three Wooden Crosses sung by Randy Travis & Jesus Take the Wheel sung by Carrie Underwood.

Views: 1177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flyleaf has some christian-y lyrics, but I still like them.

yeah, i really like that tune "Cassie" even though it's both religious and also based on the fake story about a girl being shot at Columbine because she believed in god.

Folow this link posted by Dustin. Be warned you could suffer long term sanity problems if you watch the whole thing!!!!!

"Awake and Alive" and "Hero" by Skillet. Which I totally pretend are about people rather than God, because it sounds too good to xtian. :P

Johnny Cash's cover of Personal Jesus.  He sang it with conviction, and I find his rendition to be a very soulful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

"I will follow Him" by: Little Peggy March.  Everybody thought it was about her boyfriend, but it's about JESUS!

"Crying in the chapel" by: Elvis, everyone thought is was a love song, but he was crying because "I've come to know the lord"

Let it Be - The Beatles.

Prog rock geek that I am, I have to go with Supper's Ready (Genesis) and Awaken (Yes).  That's an hour's worth of spiritual goodliness right there,

"Oh Victory in Jesus" - LOL.  But the "Jesus Take the Wheel" is nice mockery song, I think. 

Does "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga count? lol

Spirit in the Sky

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service