Okay folks, we are all secure atheists, right? This question is just for fun! What religious themed songs have you caught yourself singing along with, or at least taping your foot to?  Here are two songs that get me every time:  Three Wooden Crosses sung by Randy Travis & Jesus Take the Wheel sung by Carrie Underwood.

Views: 1205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear God.. Jonas Brothers =) great song except the last line =D

Wow, strikes me as sort of a crappy rip-off of the great atheistic song "Dear God" by XTC.

How about Burn In Hell by Dimmu Borgir?

or any of that Satanic death metal stuff.

huh. that's actually a Twisted Sister tune. hadn't heard this cover before.

Stairway to Heaven is loaded with religious symbology from the Order of the Golden Dawn, which Jimmy Page was heavily involved in when writing it. He was living in Aleister Crowley's house,for that matter.

July of 1973 in Seattle 3 hours of Zeppelin, Stair Way to Heaven was spectacular. Endorphins were flowing that night.

far more than i'd like to admit... my parents tried brainwashing me for the majority of my life so now they're all stuck somewhere in my brain resurfacing every so often just to piss me off. damn me

"Yes I'm going ta get me religion

I'm going a join the Baptist church

you know I wanna be a baptist preacher so I won't have to work."

Son House: Preachin Blues

Edwin Hawkins's Oh Happy Day rocks my socks.

This music makes me want to dance and sing with Jesus!

Awesome! lol

I'm not religious, but when Jennifer Warnes sings Joan of Arc, it gives me chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwUyDPXROQ

With Jesus as her groom and the flames consuming her as her wedding dress.

Great poetry. Bad theology.

(If you're getting deja vu all over again, it's because when I originally posted this for some reason I misidentified the song as Song Of Bernadette.)

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Lee 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Gary Clouse 3 hours ago. 69 Replies

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Unseen yesterday. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service