Okay folks, we are all secure atheists, right? This question is just for fun! What religious themed songs have you caught yourself singing along with, or at least taping your foot to?  Here are two songs that get me every time:  Three Wooden Crosses sung by Randy Travis & Jesus Take the Wheel sung by Carrie Underwood.

Views: 1175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3 Wooden Crosses & Jesus Take the Wheel were good songs. 

I also enjoy Josh Turner's "Long Black Train".

"Amazing Grace" is nice for tradition. I also like "Eternal Father; Strong to Save" or colloquially known as "The Navy Hymn".

"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen

"What if God Was One of Us?" by Joan Osborne

I think the entire soundtrack of "O Brother, Where Art Thout?" would also be in my favorites.

Warren Sapp "He Saw The Best In Me" and "Jesus On The Main Line" (Tell Him What You Want) LOL

"Chapter Four" and "Beast and the Harlot" are two good Avenged Sevenfold songs based on parts of the Bible but they're not actually religious.

On the other hand, The Devil Wears Prada is a great Christian band

By the way these songs are "great" if you like metal but otherwise nothing exceptionally grand

Witchi Tai To by Jim Pepper, played by Tom Grant:

Om Namah Shivaya sung by Krishna Das:

I Still What I Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2 is most certainly a hymn, though you may not realize it at first. Reinforced by the guitar riff at the end that sounds almost more like church bells than a guitar. Congrats to The Edge on that:

My favorite: Army of Lovers - Crucified:

The Peasall Sisters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_FgKr5vkk

You'd have to be without a pulse not to be humming along.

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 54 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 9 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 19 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service