This is an email i just received from my grandmother. she has always been sweet to me, but since i have admitted to myself that i don't believe in god she has been posting comments about it on my face book and now she has sent me this email...

its just a bit of a slap in the face. That she has done this....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and
Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against
Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days.

The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized
days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate
presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case
dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor,
how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas,
Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my
client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client,
counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance
or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day.
Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'
Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no
God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is
adjourned.

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!

This is too good not to forward.

Tags: april, atheist, christmas, day, easter, fools, holiday

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find this more offensive than funny, we are not fools, everyone has the right to believe in what they do, and even though what theists believe is wrong, we respect their beliefs, we don't call them fools, do we? So it would be unfair for them to do such unto us. Ignoramuses...
well I agree with you on that statement but we should not take things too seriously. as we should turn the other cheek cause what better ways to disprove them but be morally better then they are. If were were to follow their teachings (of peace and how to be a better person you know their code of conduct) better then they do, then it makes them look like the fool.
"We don't call them fools do we?"

Um, well maybe I have just once or twice though. Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself.
yeah shes on facebook. she had a myspace but i guess she forgot her password. she was on stubleupon but forgot her password. so she hasn't forgot her facebook password yet. shes like 67 and she knows how to use a computer pretty well but i went taught her back when i was like 14.
Wow, that is insulting to the highest order. Calling someone a fool merely because someone disagrees with his position and throwing out legal action because you don't have the same perspective as the client.

Disgusting.
eh. sure, it's insulting, but this is just a joke, and comedy is often irreverent. and really, don't a lot of us think theists are fools for believing in their sky fairy?

the matthew 5:22 was perfect

my idea was not as good - reply with a joke making fun of xtians, such as:
http://www.geocities.com/soho/lofts/1623/pg2.html#oral
has your grandmother ever heard of soylnt green??? hmm...she's delicious
That was a weak joke, an atheist wouldn't ask for a holy day. Nor would a judge be able to say such things in court, that was a low blow from your grandmother. But if I can get an extra day off....
I got the same letter from my mom after she found out I was atheist. Pissed me off.
I'd be pissed if anyone in my family thought it prudent to send me bull like this.
My boss sent me one of the "America is a Christian nation/support God on our money" ones. I responded back pointing out the vast flaws and downright inaccuracies. Sadly she most not have read it because she was surprised when she found out I was an Atheist several months later.
Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

This is always a good verse to quote back when a christian calls someone a fool.

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 59 minutes ago. 11 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 10 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 10 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service