'Going Clear' Scientology and the Prison of Belief (HBO documentary produced by Alex Gibney)

Hi everybody. It's been a while. Thought I'd pass through and see if anyone happened to catch a documentary that was aired on HBO this past Sunday, (March 29th) called 'Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief'.

Specifically, I am interested in discussing the relevance of letting Scientology be, versus the relevance of taking an interest in the subject of campaigning against this organizations' abuses. BUT PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM NOT HERE TO RECRUIT ANYBODY TO ANYTHING. Thank you. 

I firmly feel a stop needs to be put to one of Scientology's very worst, if not THEE worst policy they widely and arbitrarily enforce, which is called 'disconnection' (shunning). I also feel their 501(c)(3) status needs to be yanked out from under them ASAP. In my opinion, they have about as much in common with "a religion" as a warm sunny day has in common with a cold rainy one. And by the way, I'm no fan of religion, either.

These two abuses needing resolution and were what Alex Gibney (the producer of the documentary) hoped to bring across to audiences, in an as level headed and as realistically possible. I personally think he did a god job. He feels there are many more abuses that need some light to be shed on, but he only had so much time and he needed to start somewhere. He felt these to abuses were the most critical.

I also strongly feel Scientology uses a lot of mind control or brainwashing or invasive controlled thinking tactics or whatever the hell you want to call it. I would like to know what some of you feel about that.

This organization has a bottomless pit of depravity within its soul (meaning the hierarchy and much of the clergy), the likes of which I've never heard before. What makes it extra special infuriating and mind blowing, is these abuses and many crimes, actually, I think almost all crimes that exist in our code of law, have been happening right under our noses (those of us in the US), for decades.

I should make one important clarification before I end this post. Many of the members of Scientology that are on the more basic or lower levels, or even fringes of this organization, and I believe quite a few on the higher levels, are UNAWARE of much, if not all, of the abuse that exists. I feel confidently, this documentary will make a big change concerning this.

I'm sorry for going on. It's a rabbit hole and personally, I feel it is a bottomless one. So I better stop here.

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service