whats your best definition to the word God and how do you see this topic

Views: 1289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He also has a suit with the word, "GOODYEAR" printed across it.

What do you mean? He'd be hovering over Atlantic City right now enforcing his mandatory evacuation, except that due to the  wind, he's safely tied down in a hangar, according to CNN.

Can you imagine if he exploded? "Oh, the humanity --!"

Maybe "govern" is the term you really should have used.

"Peanderings!" - I like that!

This, unfortunately, Judah, implies a Prime Mover - and hence one must ask from whence it was derived.

So in other words you care not how your philosophy contradicts itself, just as long as it is as pretentious and self-assuring as possible?

Well, science discovers that the universe is not in any way capricious - meaning it does not 'react' but merely follows very mathematically predictable laws.  The logical conclusion is that there is no man behind the curtain.

You then insert a man behind the curtain who 'governs' these laws - the problem being that since these laws do not 'react', there is no personality governing them.  This means that the man behind the curtain must, in fact, be governed by the laws that you say he 'governs' - creating a chicken/egg paradox.

Why insert that extra layer?  Especially in consideration of the fact that the very existence of that layer creates a prime mover paradox?

Not the best analogy Heather, as there is no chicken/egg paradox, reptiles and dinosaurs laid eggs, long before any chickens ever crossed the road to get to the other side.

With all due respect, Judah, why not just call them the Natural Laws of Science, instead of tacking on the superfluous title of "god"?

Yeah...what about that?

I know little is due, as I wasn't being disrespectful, but thank you for saying so - I just didn't want to come across as antagonistic. I reserve that exclusively for Unseen.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service