So...we are created in his image, right. Some people are so dam funny, full of quips and quarks. Does anyone know of any examples of Abraham's god doing or saying anything funny. He seems like a pretty serious dude to me. Jesus, lighten up god.

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If God exists, he has a sense of humor. Example: sex.

God played a cruel joke on the proboscis monkey, giving it a nose and chin that resembles-- uh, well-- you know. Don't get him excited in a rainstorm. He'll drown.

But maybe you were looking for a Biblical passage.

I did a word search for "laughter" in the bible and I found a ton of entries. Equipped with enthusiasm I took a closer look and saw there was an S in front of every single one.

Ha, That's good... I remember there was NO laughing in Mass. There was hell to pay for that. It's almost as if many religions considers any sort of fun to be evil. Lets all pretend to be somber and serious as we go through this idiotic ceremony....The bible talks about a special kind of adoring joy, but not about fun. Frankly a sense of humour always worked better than prayer when things are not so good...Nowdays preachers are adding some joviality, but its always lame.

And then there is Ken Ham. He doesn't need to be funny, he IS funny.

I once asked this question here and the one archaeopteryx1 wrote 

You want to find laughter in the Bible? Oh it’s there, it’s what you do when you read it.

I guess that's when you know you are an atheist !

"I did a word search for "laughter" in the bible and I found a ton of entries. Equipped with enthusiasm I took a closer look and saw there was an S in front of every single one."

You know, that would look pretty good on a t-shirt.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 4 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service