If you haven't seen it yet: Frenchman Max Murs posted this video demonstrating the amazing balance of a family of goats. The video is silent and was posted with a description in French that means: "Sorry no sound!"

I suppose the goats do it because: what else is there to do when you're a goat? It's inane, vapid and you get nothing out of it. But it's oddly compelling.

Why has this stupid video has been watched nearly 7 million times (as of this posting) in five days? Why are you watching it right now?

Hm. I think I'll watch it again.

Tags: balancing, goats

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is so funny!!!! Thanks for sharing Gallup :)

I've just read an excellent book, “Pleasurable Kingdom – animals and the nature of feeling good” by Jonathan Balcombe.  It seems that animals love playing. 

It looks like people love watching animals play as well!

I have to admit that that was funny as hell. Though if you ask me to explain why it might take a minute for me to think of even a half-assed reason.

That's exactly it. I posted this video about 21 hours ago and it's already been watched half a million more times. The appeal is there, but I'm at a similar loss to explain it!

Why do goats do it? Because they can. Goats love to climb on stuff. It's in their nature. It's fun.

They like to be up high. Probably related to predation and survival rates.

I had goats way back in my hippie-in-the-hills era. Gotta love "em

I think you can see their intense 'joy' during the experience. ;p)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Unseen 2 minutes ago. 45 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service