I come from a very religious Christian family, I've read the bible. I've also read the Qur'an, the Tanakh, and the Dhammapada. I have done research on many religions. I have homosexual friends. I have Atheist friends, Christian friends, Pagan friends and Agnostic friends. They are good people and shouldn't be judged by a certain kind of followers.

I am an Atheist because I HAVE known God's word, as well as other god's words. I have prayed to God to show me that he does exist, and to change my mind about my beliefs. Since then I have come to accept the fact that it is not in my character to believe in higher beings. This was not a choice for me. I cant help the fact that I analyze and question everything. It's in my nature.

That being said, after reading the bible I know that there is a lot of issues that God takes a stand against that I find intolerant and ridiculous.

The only thing I ask of anyone, is that they judge me based on how well they know me. Nothing more. How could you know my thoughts? My morals? My Philosophies?

Thank you for your time.

Tags: a, letter, theist., to

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cara, you are right. It was, ironically, a blessing in disguise.
Look up the Pagan roots in Catholicism. it was easier to convert the world when you have something in common.
Jean, my fiance is Pagan. I'm extremely interested in Paganism. I have so much more respect for Pagan Ideals then most other religions.

that being said, Santa clause is a direct rip off of the Germanic pagan god Odin.

You should check out my forum: "Pagan Roots In Christianity."
http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum/topics/pagan-roots-in-christianity
"When you dismiss why you don't believe in all the other possible gods----i'll explain why i dismiss YOURS."

I'm stealing this quote! lol

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service